- Longest serving fleet in Dunedin
- The largest fleet in Dunedin
- The only TaxiCharge Partner in Dunedin
- We are a member of the New Zealand Taxi Federation
- The only fleet in Dunedin on a full GPS dispatch system
- Our fleet have done formal NZQA driver training which enable us to manage major government contracts
Dunedin Taxis operates a modern fleet of 80 vehicles, all privately owned and operated by our shareholders. The entire fleet have Eftpos facilities. Please indicate if Eftpos is your payment method when booking. Check our special rates for Airport transfers to the city »
Our Total mobility vehicles carry wheelchairs, motorised scooters and hospital mobility beds. Transfers are from Dunedin to areas as far as Queenstown and Timaru along with supporting the local work. Drivers are all NZQA qualified in passenger care. Bookings can be confirmed while you wait.
Our vans are always are high demand vehicles in the fleet so pre-booking is essential for major events to ensure availability. Vans range in the number of passenger seats.
Tours - If you wish to make arrangements for a tour with us - we need the following information:
- Name for whiteboard
- Date arrival
- Time for collection (Allow time for the ship to dock)
- Number of passengers
- Car or van required
- Number of hours required (minimum of 2 hours for tour bookings)
- General idea of what your group would like to do when here (you need to arrange all your own tours with other business's eg. Chocolate factory)
- Method of payment (credit cards are recommended if travelling with foreign currency)
The driver will be at Port with a whiteboard with your group name on it. The Port staff will advise where the vehicles are positioned to enable you to make contact. The driver will be aware of the hours required and will follow your instructions for the tour (offering assistance where required).
Dunedin Taxis uses a fully computerised GPS dispatch system to manage bookings, vehicle positioning and availability, major contracts, accounts and driver records. All fleet vehicles have a high-tech GPS unit installed to receive booking information. Having a computerised system offers added security for our customers by guaranteeing that all our vehicles have a current warrant, registration and drivers are appropriately licensed via in-house system monitors.
Dunedin Taxis carry out document and parcel deliveries for major contracts along with medical and deliveries. The company will not transport alcohol without passengers on board.
Dunedin’s largest taxi fleet with over 60 years service to the community.
Booking a taxi on a regular basis is easily achieved using our permanent booking system.
If you require a taxi service on a regular basis, call 4777-777 and speak with one of our operators who can easily set up our system to automatically make these bookings for you. (A variety of inclusion and exclusion fields are available to match your personal holidays etc.)
This is a FREE service, for more information please phone 4777-777.